SORRY, THIS COURSE IS NOW FULLY BOOKED – please email Laura@dlrppn.ie if you would like to be added to a waiting list
Thursday 26th of April, 7pm-10pm, Samuel Beckett Civic Centre, Ballyogan
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into force on the 25th May 2018, replacing the existing data protection framework under the EU Data Protection Directive. Organisations involved in data processing of any sort need to be aware the regulation addresses them directly in terms of the obligations it imposes.
Key topics covered during the workshop:
- The GDPR in context: what’s different?
- Data Protection Principles
- Rights of individuals (data subjects)
- Personal data processing
- Data protection roles
- Subject access requests and response timelines
- Obtaining Consent
- Data breaches
- Preparing for GDPR and demonstrating GDPR compliance
Due to expected demand spaces are limited to one person per PPN member group. Priority will be given to groups who did not attend the last GDPR training session in November.