The Open Government Partnership aims to secure concrete commitments from the Irish government to promote transparency, empower citizens, fight corruption, and harness new technologies to strengthen governance. It is a collaboration between government and civil society organisations in Ireland.
A Draft National Action Plan for 2016-2018 has just been published and feedback is being invited from the public on the proposals within the Draft Plan.
The Draft Plan is made up of 15 Commitments which are as follows:
- Promote transparent climate policy development
- Support Public Participation Networks
- Improve access to justice
- Enhance citizen engagement in policy making
- Enhance customer engagement
- Improve access to government services through technology
- Participatory budgeting
- Improve transparency of Government Service Providers
- Enhance fiscal transparency
- Introduce modern document management procedures
- Develop an open data strategy 2017-2020
- Invest in data infrastructure that will result in better open data
- Develop a Code of Practise for the Governance of Charities
- Strengthen Anti-Corruption Measures
- Establish a Register of Beneficial Ownership
Submissions can be made through the Open Government Partnership online portal, accessible by clicking on the link above. The deadline for submissions is 30th November.