Dún Laoghaire Rathdown Joint Policing Committee (JPC) was established in 2009 and is a partnership between Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council, An Garda Síochána and the Community. The membership comprises of senior Garda Officers, elected councillors and Oireachtas members and representatives of community & voluntary groups, including members of DLR PPN.
The DLR Joint Policing Committee is intended to be a forum for discussion and a means of building confidence, trust and safety in the county. In doing this, the DLR JPC seeks to prioritise key community policing policy issues and identify initiatives which will contribute to improved community policing and prevention or reduction of future crime in Dún Laoghaire Rathdown.
DLR Joint Policing Committee meets three times a year.
The JPC’s function is to serve as a forum for consultations, discussions and recommendations on matters affecting the policing of a local authority area, and in particular to:
- Keep under review, a) the levels and patterns of crime, disorder and anti-social behaviour (including the patterns and levels of misuse of alcohol and drugs) and b) the underlying factors that contribute to these issues.
- Advise the local authority and the Garda Síochána on how they might best perform their functions and do everything feasibly possible to improve the safety and quality of life, to prevent crime, disorder and anti-social behaviour.
- Arrange and host public meetings concerning matters affecting the policing of the local authorities administrative area.
- Establish in consultation with the local Garda Superintendent and specific neighbourhoods, local policing fora to discuss and make recommendations to the JPC.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the local policing forums.
The Joint Policing Committee have a six year strategy, 2016-2021 which has 3 key goals:
1. Supporting and promoting Crime Prevention in DLR
2. Enhancing Community Safety & Security in DLR
3. Facilitate Community Engagement and Collaboration
Each year the JPC devises a workplan which lays out what actions under the 3 key goals of the strategy they will work on that year and a report is produced detailing what has been achieved.
PPN representatives on the Joint Policing Committee:
|East of County||Richard Phillips||Tivoli Training Centre|
|East of County||Tony McCarthy||Dun Laoghaire Active Retirement|
|West of County||Gay Wright||Kilternan Glenamuck Residents Association|
|West of County||Anne Harrington||Blackrock Guild – Irish Countrywomen’s Association|
For the DLR PPN representatives’ contact details please contact the DLR PPN manager at email@example.com or 087 6394506
More information about the DLR Joint Policing Committee is available on the DLR County Council website