The purpose of the Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) is to develop, co-ordinate and implement a coherent and integrated approach to local and community development in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown. The responsibilities of this committee include:
- Primary responsibility for the co-ordination, planning and oversight of spending on local development.
- Ensuring a coherent approach to the implementation of local and community development programmes and interventions.
- Driving meaningful citizen and community engagement in the planning, delivery and evaluation of local and community development programmes.
- Ensuring a more efficient administration of local and community programmes and delivery structures.
- Developing approaches that focus on learning and feedback.
- Exploring and pursuing opportunities for additional funding resources.
The LCDC does this by:
- Preparing the community element of 6 year Local Economic and Community Plan
- Co-ordinating, managing and overseeing the implementation of the Social Inclusion, Community Activation Programme (SICAP). This includes the Local Community Development Programme and the Rural Development Programme (LEADER).
- Ensuring the effectiveness, consistency, and co-ordination of public funded programmes and avoiding duplication.
- Pursuing the co-ordination of all community development programmes.
Membership of the Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Local Community Development Committee comprises of:
|Sectoral Representatives||Council Staff||Councillors|
|Cormac Shaw, Southside Partnership||Dearbhla Lawson, Director of Economic, Community and Cultural Development (Co-Chair)||Jennifer Cuffe|
|Kay Gleeson, Community & Voluntary Pillar, DLR PPN||Mary Ruane, LCDC Chief Officer||Peter O’Brien|
|Michael O’Brien, Community & Voluntary Pillar, DLR PPN||Kate Feeney|
|Sharon Perry, Social Inclusion Pillar, DLR PPN||John Kennedy|
|Laura English, Social Inclusion Pillar, DLR PPN|
|Tom Kivlehan, Environmental Pillar, DLR PPN|
|Dr. Josephine Brown, DLR Chamber|
|Colm Kinsella, ICTU|
|Derek Elders, Dublin and Dún Laoghaire ETB|
|Eibhlin Curley, DLR Local Enterprise Office|
|Fiona Ward, Department of Social Protection|
|Joanne Cullen, Tusla|
|Health Service Executive (Vacant)|
|Philip Maguire, Irish Farmers Association|
Minutes from the LCDC meetings are available here (at bottom of page)