The purpose of the Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) is to develop, co-ordinate and implement a coherent and integrated approach to local and community development in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown. The responsibilities of this committee include:
- Primary responsibility for the co-ordination, planning and oversight of spending on local development.
- Ensuring a coherent approach to the implementation of local and community development programmes and interventions.
- Driving meaningful citizen and community engagement in the planning, delivery and evaluation of local and community development programmes.
- Ensuring a more efficient administration of local and community programmes and delivery structures.
- Developing approaches that focus on learning and feedback.
- Exploring and pursuing opportunities for additional funding resources.
The LCDC does this by:
- Preparing the community element of 6 year Local Economic and Community Plan
- Co-ordinating, managing and overseeing the implementation of the Social Inclusion, Community Activation Programme (SICAP). This includes the Local Community Development Programme and the Rural Development Programme (LEADER).
- Ensuring the effectiveness, consistency, and co-ordination of public funded programmes and avoiding duplication.
- Pursuing the co-ordination of all community development programmes.
Your LCDC Representatives are:
Darren Chamber – Community & Voluntary
Joan Casey – Community & Voluntary
Louise Keogh – Social Inclusion
Sharon Perry – Social Inclusion
Vacancy – Environmental