The Local Youth Club Grant Scheme (LYCGS) is now open for applications.
The LYCGS supports volunteer-led youth club/group activities at a local level. Funding for the Scheme is provided by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA) and is administered locally by Education and Training Boards (ETBs) on behalf of DCYA. The ETB is considered to be a co-grantor for this Scheme.
The Scheme supports voluntary youth club/group activities for young people; with priority given to clubs/groups catering for young people aged 10–21. The primary focus of the Scheme is to assist local, volunteer-led youth clubs/groups that provide a programme of youth work activities for young people. In addition, other clubs/groups that work with young people, but are not specifically providing youth work, are also entitled to apply for funding under the Scheme.
Completed applications should be returned to Denise Cummins by email to email@example.com no later than 12 pm FRIDAY, 15th MAY 2020. Email submissions are preferable during the Covid 19 Health emergency.
In the present circumstances, digital signatures or typed signatures are accepted. When submitting the application, please cc all usual signatories in the mail as an assurance that they are aware of the documentation.
Please note the following:
- The name of the group applying for the grant must be the name on the club bank account.
- DDLETB require all new groups applying for funding to be registered for tax purposes as funding is made through the exchequer – Tax Registration Form.
- DDLETB must be notified immediately of any change in club leader or lead contact for the application.
- 75% of young people must be over 10 and 25% under 10.
- If your group/club received funding through the 2019 Scheme, it is imperative that you complete “The Club Report Form” on page 21.
Should you have any queries or require any assistance please contact your local Youth Officer – The Dun Loaghaire Rathdown Youth Officer is Brid Corcoran, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 086 852 3038 Web: www.ddletb.ie