Who can join DLR PPN?
All volunteer led, not-for-profit community groups active within Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown are encouraged to become members of the PPN.
Membership is open to groups and organisations who:
- Operate on a not-for-profit basis.
- Are volunteer led. Organisations may have paid staff, but must be under voluntary control.
- Have at least 5 members and are open to new members.
- Are in existence for at least six months.
- Have a members meeting at least once a year.
- Have a postal address or a local branch network in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown.
- Are actively providing a service to Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown citizens or are advocating on behalf of DLR citizens.
- Are independently run, having their own constitution/ governing document/ set of rules for operation.
- Do not already have representational rights through other pillars of social partnership e.g. trade unions, business organisations.
- Are non party-political.
Groups or organisations who do not meet these criteria at the time of application can apply for associate membership. Associate members cannot nominate PPN representatives to sit on boards or committees or vote in PPN elections.
All groups registering with the PPN are asked to choose which sector or ‘Pillar group’ their group sits within, Community and Voluntary, Environmental or Social Inclusion.