The Seniors Alert Scheme (SAS) encourages community support for vulnerable older people through the provision of personal monitored alarms to enable older persons, of limited means, to continue to live securely in their homes with confidence, independence and peace of mind.
If your community group has regular engagement with older people you may be interested in getting involved in the scheme. Interested community groups must register with Pobal who manages the programme on behalf of the Irish Government. More information about the scheme can be found at this link
A person will be eligible for an alarm if he or she is:
- Aged 65 years or older and:
- Of limited means or resources and
- Living alone, living with another person who meets the eligibility criteria, Living alone for
significant periods of time during the day, or is a Carer to someone else in their household and
- Resides within geographical area of the relevant registered organisation and
- Able to benefit from the equipment supplied and
- Prepared to maintain contact with the registered organisation.
Click on the ‘pop-out’ in the top right corner of this image to see it full screen