DLR PPN Representatives
Members of DLR PPN can elect other members to act as representatives of the PPN on different local government committees.
The role of these representatives is to to represent the issues of DLR PPN members on a particular Board or Committee and to bring forward these issues to the committee for their consideration. DLR PPN representatives can also put items on the agenda of the committee.
DLR PPN representatives are not at committee meetings just to represent their own group or agenda. They must represent the varied views of those DLR PPN members who have an interest in the areas covered by the committee.
PPN Representatives are informed of the views of PPN member organsations through Linkage Groups.
Committees and their DLR PPN Representatives
DLR PPN Representatives will be attending the Specific Purpose Committee and Local Community Development meetings listed below. If you would like to contact them in advance of any of the meetings please the contact link for each meeting. Dates of meetings can change, to see the most up-to-date calendar information please click here.
Calendar of Meetings September to December 2021
Calendar of Meeting January to April 2021
A Linkage Group is a collection of PPN members who are stakeholders or have a particular interest or expertise in the issues being discussed by local authority committees.
Linkage Groups discuss and debate the matters being discussed by a local authority committee to inform the PPN Representatives of their views, and where relevant to prioritise and develop policy positions.
PPN Representatives report back to the Linkage Groups about the work of the committees and pass on information received at the committee meetings.
Find out more about our different linkage groups here.
Minutes of Linkage Groups
1. Environment & Sustainability Linkage Group – This linkage group aims to be an advocacy coalition promoting sustainable solutions to the climate and biodiversity crisis in areas such as tree-cover, resource efficiency, transport, agriculture, planning and water.
2. Social Inclusion Linkage Group – The main objectives and activities of the Social Inclusion Linkage Group focus of on anti-poverty, community development, equality or social justice issues. This translates into a social inclusion approach to community building.
3. My Neighbourhood Linkage Group – The primary objectives and activities of the ‘My Neighbourhood Linkage Group’ will focus on community responses to local issues and concerns. It will also focus on activities that promote overall community well being. This Linkage Group is an opportunity for communities and neighbourhoods to meet and discuss issues that impact on their locality, planning, anti-social behaviours, litter and transport.
4. DLR Integration Linkage Group – The DLR Integration Linkage Group will focus on integration of New Irish Communities and celebration of cultural diversity within DLR, including issues that affect immigrant communities.
5. DLR Disability Interest Group – The aim of the Forum is to improve the lives of persons with disabilities residing in the DLR County by driving real change on those issues of common interest and concern which have arisen in discussion and debate at our regularly attended meetings. The Forum seeks to plan and coordinate actions that actively address these same issues of interest and concern.