Southside Partnership DLR CLG, in association with the Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown Public Participation Network (DLR PPN), is currently recruiting for the following position:
Network Manager, Public Participation Network (PPN)
The Public Participation Network (PPN) is a structure of local government formed under the 2014 Local Government Reform Act to sustain community links, promote inclusion and enable the public to take an active role in the policy making and oversight activities of the Local Authority’s areas of responsibility in Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown.
We are seeking to appoint a Network Manager with the vision, ability and initiative to drive and implement the continued development of DLR PPN. The Network Manager will provide direct assistance and support to the PPN Secretariat in developing and managing the PPN as an effective structure to promote public engagement and participation, and in promoting and fostering a robust sense of social solidarity in all our communities.
This is a full-time, permanent position (subject to continuing funding) based in Blackrock, Co. Dublin.
Salary: €42,311 – €44,968, commensurate with experience.
Working under the direction of the PPN Secretariat, the Network Manager will undertake the following key duties:
- Supporting the work of the PPN in devising and implementing the PPN Annual Work Plan.
- Developing the PPN as an effective Public Participation Network.
- Building the membership of the PPN.
- Establishing capacity building needs of member groups and developing plans to meet those needs.
- Networking and collaborating with the Local Authority, other statutory bodies and organisations to further the aims of the PPN.
- Providing support for PPN representatives on committees of DLR County Council.
- Co-ordinating and managing elections of PPN representatives onto Council Committees or other structures.
- Implementing the PPN communications strategy including promotion of the PPN and its work to member groups and to the wider community and stakeholders.
- Managing a range of administrative supports for the PPN including maintaining accurate records and systems for all aspects of the work of the PPN
- Co-ordinating and facilitating PPN meetings and events, including biannual Plenary meetings.
- Managing the resources of the PPN to implement the Annual Work Plan
- Preparing regular reports for the Secretariat on all aspects of the work of the PPN
- Ensuring systematic collection of data and information for the evaluation of the work of the PPN
- Managing the creation and implementation of DLR PPN’s Vision for Community Wellbeing
- Managing the DLR PPN Support Worker.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required.
- Possess a strong understanding of the importance and potential of public and community participation and of building sustainable communities.
- Demonstrate the capacity to lead the development of a growing community-based membership organisation.
- Previous experience in successful engagement with community and/or voluntary organisations is desirable.
- A third-level qualification is required.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office suite, etc)
- Excellent administrative and report writing skills.
- Be experienced in the use of social media, digital communication tools and in the management of websites.
- Will be required to demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Knowledge and experience of facilitating groups.
- Must demonstrate initiative, be a self-starter and a good team player.
- Have their own vehicle and possess a full Driver’s Licence.
- Flexibility to work on evenings and weekends.
Applications, marked ‘Public Participation Network Manager Vacancy’, to be sent by email to: email@example.com
Please include a cover letter (1 page) outlining your suitability for the position together with your curriculum vitae (no more than 2 pages), including details of referees. Please note that referees will not be contacted without your prior permission.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 16th of December 2019.
If you have any questions in relation to this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
It is proposed to hold interviews for this position in January 2020 with a start date as soon as possible after selection.
Southside Partnership DLR CLG is an equal opportunities employer.