The Minister for Justice recently announced the launch of the Community Safety Innovation Fund (CSIF) funding call 2023.
€3 million has been made available to support the development of community safety through innovative, local community based initiatives. Grants will be in the range of €20,000 – €150,000.
The deadline for applications is Friday 19 May 2023.
Below is the link with further information, application form and eligibility criteria.
gov.ie – 2023 Community Safety Innovation Fund: Funding call (www.gov.ie)
The Community Safety Innovation Fund:
- allows proceeds of crime to be directed into community projects to support community safety
- ensures that the most appropriate proposals to improve community safety will access the funding they need
- encourages the development of innovative ways in which to improve community safety from those people who best understand local community safety needs
- allows best practice on community safety and youth justice to be shared with other partnerships and communities nationally as new proposals are developed
- reflects and highlights the success of An Garda Síochána and the Criminal Assets Bureau in seizing the proceeds from criminal activity
This could include activities intended to:
- tackle crime or reduce the fear of crime; improve community safety and feelings of safety
- support the creation of safe and resilient communities
- reduce reoffending
- divert vulnerable individuals away from engagement in criminal behaviour
Community Safety Innovation Fund (CSIF) 2023