The Community Food Initiatives (CFI) is a healthy eating programme funded by safefood. The programme runs over a three year cycle (2022-24) and its purpose is to provide people with the knowledge and skills to provide healthy food options for themselves and their families.
CFI at Home
safefood is inviting organisations who are not currently involved in the CFI to apply for funding to deliver an online project, in their own local area, that meets the criteria of the CFI at Home Programme. The purpose of the CFI at Home Programme is to support families in their own homes to develop their cooking skills and healthy eating habits. Projects could include all or some of the following elements:
- Learning how to prepare & cook a recipe
- Attending an online cookery session
- Online support groups for sharing ideas and tips
- Online interactive talks delivered by a dietitian or registered nutritionist
Interested organisations can apply for funding up to a maximum of €2,000 or £1,720 to deliver a project in their local area.
Applicant Organisation Criteria
- Be community-led organisations with a legal status and appropriate governance structure
- Be experienced in the management of public funds which support social inclusion initiatives
- Currently employ and manage full time professionals with community development experience
- Have experience of working with the target group identified
- Be supporting other broader community initiatives through their work
- Provide supports across communities irrespective of age, race or creed
Closing date for application
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis up to and including Friday, 9th September 2022. As funding is limited, interested organisations are advised to apply as soon as possible. All activities must be completed by Sunday, 6th November.