- Aims: This is an opportunity to network for all group members, while exploring issues that are deeply relevant for the local community, such as planning, transport, climate initiatives, integration, county development, community wellbeing and more.
- Membership: Membership open to active members of DLR PPN membership groups only. DLR PPN members can join one, several or all linkage groups as they wish.
- Frequency of meetings: Linkage groups have quarterly meetings each year. In 2021, we will organise 3 meetings for each linkage group. Frequency of meetings can be reviewed as the need arises – with an aim to have 3 per annum as a minimum.
- Communication: We will have a separate email list for each all linkage group, which we will use to send updates, reports and invitations to meetings.
1. Environment & Sustainability Linkage Group
This linkage group aims to be an advocacy coalition promoting sustainable solutions to the climate and biodiversity crisis in areas such as tree-cover, resource efficiency, transport, agriculture, planning and water. To REGISTER, please click HERE
The main objectives and activities of the Social Inclusion Linkage Group focus on anti-poverty, community development, equality or social justice issues. This translates into a social inclusion approach to community building. To REGISTER, please click HERE
The primary objectives and activities of the ‘My Neighbourhood Linkage Group’ will focus on community responses to local issues and concerns. It will also focus on activities that promote overall community well being. This Linkage Group is an opportunity for communities and neighbourhoods to meet and discuss issues that impact on their locality, planning, anti-social behaviours, litter and transport. To REGISTER, please click HERE
The DLR Integration Linkage Group will focus on integration of New Irish Communities and celebration of cultural diversity within DLR, including issues that affect immigrant communities. To REGISTER, please click HERE
The aim of the Forum is to improve the lives of persons with disabilities residing in the DLR County by driving real change on those issues of common interest and concern which have arisen in discussion and debate at our regularly attended meetings. The Forum seeks to plan and coordinate actions that actively address these same issues of interest and concern. To REGISTER, please click HERE