Friends of the Earth is delighted to invite you to an in-person participatory workshop on Thurs 16 June in Dublin. You will have the chance to meet with groups across Ireland and share your insights on the impacts of increasing energy prices, as well as on barriers and opportunities for households and communities to engage in the energy transition.
The workshop will take place on Thursday 16th June, between 12pm – 5pm, in the Richmond Education and Event Centre, 1 North Brunswick Street, D07 TH76 (near Smithfield). Registration is now open. Please Register Here
Since first raising plans for the event with groups in the Spring, we have been bowled over by the level of interest. Many thanks in particular to those who provided thoughtful suggestions which we have reflected on. We now want to ensure as broad and inclusive attendance as possible at this participatory workshop. We wish to support groups often left out of energy/climate decision-making and ensure their voices are heard, particularly those impacted by energy poverty.
This in-person workshop will include facilitated discussions supported by expert inputs designed to reflect on how the state can better protect vulnerable households in response to the escalating energy price crisis and ensure communities are put at the heart of the energy transition. It will not be necessary to have extensive knowledge of energy policy. It will also include expert inputs from:
- Ann-Marie O’Reilly, Policy Officer, Threshold – The National Housing Charity
- Sadhbh O’Neill, Assistant Professor, Dublin City University’s School of Law and Government
- Rebecca Cachia, Energy Engineer, Codema – Dublin’s Energy Agency
- WHAT: Our Energy Future: How Ireland can deliver a pro-active and inclusive response to the energy price crisis while supporting communities in the energy transition.
- WHEN: 12pm (registration) – 5pm on Thursday, 16th June. Further information and agenda to follow.
- WHERE: The Richmond Education and Event Centre, 1 North Brunswick Street, D07 TH76 (near Smithfield)