The scheme is aimed at homeowners aged 65 and over living in the county and will offer these homeowners the opportunity to have their existing lock barrels/cylinders in external doors replaced with high security anti-snap locks.
This pilot scheme is funded under the 2021 Local Property Tax, County Councillors Initiatives and will cover the cost for the replacement of lock barrels only on up to 2 locks per home – front door and back door, by LockSafe Locksmiths. The Scheme will not cover the costs of repairing doors/locks which are already faulty and not all doors are suitable for replacement barrel locks.
The Scheme is open to owner-occupiers of privately-owned homes who reside in the dlr County Council Administrative area aged 65 years of age and over. The scheme is not open to people living in rented accommodation (private, social or voluntary).
Hard-copies of application forms are also available by contacting the Community Section of dlr County Council at (01) 205 4893 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of online, email or hard copy application forms is Friday 20th August 2021 at 5p.m.
In the case of over-subscription, all applications will be assessed on vulnerability and geographical spread.
Approximate timeframe for the scheme:
- Scheme open for applications: Friday 23rd July 2021
- Scheme to close: Friday 20th August 2021 at 5p.m.
- Assessment period: September 2021
- Successful applicants informed and contact details provided to Locksafe Locksmiths: End of September / Beginning of October 2021
- Locksafe Locksmiths will contact successful applicants directly to confirm suitability for existing locks replacement: End of September / Beginning of October 2021
- Installation to commence: October 2021
- Installation to be completed: End of October 2021 (depending on Government guidelines)
How do I apply and more information?
Please apply by completing the online form here and submitting the application form at the bottom of the web page or by completing a hardcopy and sending it in the post to:
High Security Locks Scheme,
Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council,
Community Development Section
County Hall, Dún Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, A96 K6C9.
For further details, contact the Community Section of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council on 01 205 4893 or email email@example.com.
For queries about the Lock Barrels / Cylinders, contact Locksafe Locksmiths, 93 Georges Street Upper, Dún Laoghaire, County Dublin, A96 V1K8 at (087) 222 7756; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: https://locksafe.ie/