Southside Partnership DLR CLG, in association with the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Public Participation Network (DLR PPN), is currently recruiting for the following position:
Support Worker, Public Participation Network
This is a part-time post, 28 hours a week, based in Blackrock, Co. Dublin.
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Public Participation Network (DLR PPN) is a volunteer-led network for community and voluntary, social inclusion and environmental groups in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown. Public Participation Networks are a national initiative in participatory democracy, established in 2014 under the Local Government (Reform) Act. They have 3 main objectives:
- To facilitate the participation and representation of local community and voluntary, environmental and social inclusion groups in the local authority’s decision and policy making structures.
- To strengthen the capacity of local community and voluntary, environmental and social inclusion groups to contribute positively to the community in which they reside or are active.
- To provide information relevant to local community and voluntary, environmental and social inclusion groups and to act as a hub around which information is distributed and received.
We are now seeking to recruit a Support Worker to assist the DLR PPN Network Manager in developing the PPN as an effective structure to promote public engagement and participation in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown.
This role is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated person looking to gain skills and experience in an exciting and challenging initiative.
This is a part-time post, permanent, subject to continued funding.
Salary: €24,256 per annum
Responsibilities of this role include:
– Maintaining and updating the Salesforce database of member groups.
– Record keeping of all activities of the DLR PPN staff, Secretariat and representatives, as well as expenditure, receipts, feedback forms and other.
– Supporting the Network Manager to plan and organise events, training, workshops and meetings including booking venues, sourcing and booking trainers/speakers/facilitators, sending invitations and reminders, registration processes and any follow up needed.
– Preparing documentation, minute taking and reporting or any other reasonable tasks as directed.
– Collating information for reports.
– Researching, collating and distributing a monthly newsletter.
– Managing and updating the DLR PPN website.
– Operating social media accounts.
– Communicating with members by email and phone, including dealing with requests for information or advice.
- Promotion of the DLR PPN:
– Supporting the DLR PPN manager to devise materials to be used for PPN activities, for example online consultations, public meetings, workshops, surveys etc.
– Promoting the PPN and its work to member groups and the wider community and stakeholders.
- Other responsibilities:
– Participating in relevant meetings with stakeholders.
– Any other work which may be assigned by the Network Manager on the day to day operation of the PPN.
Please see the Job Specification for a list of the required skills and capabilities for this role by clicking here.
Candidates are asked to download and complete the DLR PPN Support Worker Application by clicking here.
Completed application forms, marked ‘DLR PPN Support Worker Application’, to be sent by email to:
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 7th of February 2020.
If you have any questions in relation to this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 7060109.
It is proposed to hold interviews for this position during the week commencing 17th of February 2020 with a start date as soon as possible after selection.
Southside Partnership is an equal opportunities employer.